Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tablets to make sure your teeth are clean when wearing braces. How do I use them and when?

I just got my braces today and my othrodontist gave me some tablets that are pink. (4 of them). She said this will determine if my teeth are clean but I forgot if I'm suppose to dissolve them or just chew them to show any left over plaque. Please help.

Tablets to make sure your teeth are clean when wearing braces. How do I use them and when?
Chew up the tab after brushing. Swish around a little then spit out the excess. Don't rinse. Any place there is plaque the pink will stick. This shows you where to brush better. You can use them whenever you want. Try them for the first few days until you get used to where you need to brush. After that just use one randomly to make sure you are still cleaning properly
Reply:The tablets are called disclosing tablets, and are used to check for places that were missed when brushing.





There is also a liquid disclosing solution that's available at your pharmacy as well.





Just chew one after eating/brushing. I would suggest you did it when you don't have to go anywhere, like after dinner or at bedtime, because your teeth/mouth will turn red from the stain....and I'm sure you wouldn't want anyone to see that.





Best of luck with your braces!



Hotels

No comments:

Post a Comment