Saturday, July 25, 2009

Can I clean teeth just before intraveneous sedation?

I am going under intraveneous sedation at the dentist tomorrow and in guidelines that I have been given by my dentist it says that I must not chew gum (plus not eat or drink) 6 hours before my treament as chewing gum produces acids and enzymes which could be dangerous if they spill into my lungs. Does anyone know if cleaning my teeth with do this and so should I clean my teeth within 6 hours of my treatment?

Can I clean teeth just before intraveneous sedation?
those are common pre anesthesia guidelines. they are worried about you aspirated on vomit or bodily fluids. you can (and it will probably be appreciated) brush your teeth prior. just rinse your mouth with the minimum amount of water and spit it out.



Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment